Sunday, November 22, 2009

Friday with Joy :]

With the show in a few hours, I was not ready to do any kind of monologue reading. As it turned out, I never got to go, but I definitely calmed my nerves.  The exercise that we started with released all my bad energy and made me focused and ready for whatever was thrown my way. The quotes by everyone, made me think about what all I have to say to people during this artistic journey, which as many of you might know was
"When you begin a journey of revenge, start by digging two graves- one for your enemy, and one for your yourself." And this wasn't random- my thought process behind it was basically that we should stop ourselves from getting sidetracked from a certain goal because to achieve something, that goal needs to be the one/ only thing that you ever think about. But anyways, I learnt from Joy, that when you are performing, don't care about what others think about because they would all perform something differently therefore follow your heart. And she also made it seem okay if we made a mistake- life was kind of about making mistakes, but its important if you learn from those mistakes. Friday was a kind of a yoga class before the show :).

No comments:

Post a Comment