Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mr. Carl....Take 2

Continuing from where we left off last time, it was now time to create the cover. We first measured the "faces" and spine of the book- and cut out, with those measurements, cardboard type of things to serve as the "hard" part of the cover (but added about an inch to the parts on top and bottom). Afterwards, we cut out black paper using the same measurements (we just added about an inch to the sides now). And we glued the cardboard pieces onto the paper, making sure we leave space around the spine, enabling the book to be able to fold. I believe that next time, we will learn how to attach the pages onto the "cover." It has been an enjoyable process only because I am learning so much, not only about creating books, but also the styles in which you present them, their "origin," etc. I have to admit though, that I was not able to master the process we just learned, I needed A LOT of help from Mr. Carl, who was happy to oblige. I cannot wait for more, and as Cassie said, redeem myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment