Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Book Binding Workshop Day 1

I love English accents- especially Mr. Carl saying peanut butter....Ashley literally has become a fan. But besides that, what interested me the most, was the fact that, ever since a child, I have been wondering of the process through which a book is bound, and today my answers came though Mr. Carl. It was sooo cool/ different/ unique- kinda like knowing what that thing is at the end of your shoelace, to have been in the workshop. I learnt about signatures, and English people, and bones being used to make paper folds crisp, Ilana being kept away from sharp objects, and metal presses, and Cassie's epic fail(ness)with cutting paper (which, did you know can come out like cool, frazzled paper, with simply a ruler, and a lot of paper) and sewing.

The best part of all though, was how much happiness I felt in the end- I mean, come on, I freakin bound paper! Thats very much beastly. Moreover, I liked how we kinda bonded...talking about random things, learning how to make paper look cooler, helping each other in the small details, all sinking together, etc. I can't wait till Friday to make a cover....I can positively promise that I will be very proud that day :)

The only thing left do is, figure out what to put in it...

2 comments: