Monday, February 1, 2010

What You Never Realize

So after a really long time, I sat down and made a birthday card for one of my best friends. I didn't realize till that moment how much I had misssed art. When I was younger, art was my life- either it being singing everywhere, going to dance or just doing something creative with colors and paper. So when I sat down, not only was I reminded of times when life was less stressful, but also of how much I missed doing this. I have a huge drawer and a place in my clostet for art supplies- and like a little child, I took half my drawer out, and started to experiment like I would for fun when I was younger. This has caused me to want to go back to it....like a lot of other things....which I wnated to present today:
  • art (for fun): on a Friday night, instead of lazying around, maybe do somehting creative or new- experiment new techniques of art and see what I can come up with 
  • dance: my parents and I have decided that for fun and a nice workout, I should just dance on a five minute song every week- not only so I have songs ready in case I need to ever perform it somewhere, but also so I can become a better dancer....and this includes practicing my dance "items," which I have putting off. 
  • baking: I used to LOVE baking...every weekend, I would create cakes or brownies or whatever my dad and brother requested for (my mom and I hate that kind of stuff), and so I might want to go back to that,
  • and read: till this September, all I did was read in my spare time- for some reason, I found pleasure in that- like I could be transformed into another space for free, or without much movement- I NEED to read more often- I have started feeling really incomplete without my books :).
Well, its almost 8:13...gotta go to second period :).

No comments:

Post a Comment