Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Låt den rätte komma in

I SURVIVED! But I am scared out of my skin- I was more scared after the movie, than I was during it. It wasn't that they showed anything gory, but even illusions give me goosebumps. And it's not that I don't like the movie, I just don't think I will be able to handle myself if we watch it once more.
1. The backstory I believe was to portray the boy as a lonely/ depressed child, who is looking for a "friend," which he finds in Eli- and this is shown by using minimal dialogue (he doesn't have anyone to talk to), he plays alone, he is bullied (no one stands up for him) and he doesn't interact with his mother too much, BUT when Eli comes there is more dialogue, he is constantly surrounded by her, he stands up to bullies, he seems to talk with is parents a bit more.
2. There is barely any camera movement. You are shown just enough so that you can see the characters' faces as if you were standing in front of them, or if there is something important in the surroundings.
3. The camera is either very close or very far-  but it does this so that we can see what we need to. And even  though it focuses on one thing, its view is of numerous levels.
4. Actions: They show what they enjoy doing, or how they deal with certain situations.
    Facial Expressions: It shows hoe the people react to certain scenarios/ people.
    Dress: It shows what kind of people they are- bubbly, dperessed, unconcerned, etc.
5. They use sound to create illusions- its somewhat a substitute of a picture in certain scenes. But sound is also used to set a mood/ tone of the scene- to arise certain emotions in you.
6. Hakan is the father of Eli, and even though appears as a creep, he is just doing this for his daughter- he is willing to risk his life for her/ her survival by killing others for their blood.
7.  The puzzles are Oskar's problems (loneliness, bulllies, etc.), which Eli solves. And this therefore symblozies the frienshp/ bond that Eli and Oskar share- in which Eli is kind of like Oskar's "angel."
8.  In my opinion Plot Point One is when the girl's stomach grumbles, she finds her next meal in the man, and then bites him becasue this reveals a huge secret about Eli- she is a vampire.
9. The second Plot Point is when Eli licks Oscar's blood off the floor (but what intrigued me was that their relationship strengthened after this- he seemed to have accpeted who she was).
10. I think it was a "happy" ending becasue not only did Oskar and Eli get to stay together, but their relationship reached new heights, and kind of gave themseles in to eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment