Sunday, December 13, 2009

This Week

It has been one of my most hectic and stressful weeks of this year, but the  best part about it would have ot be the bake sale. I have learnt so much about computer programs/ technological stuff from watching the flyers/ commercials being put togther- for instance, you need a thumbdrive thingy for memory disks in cameras so that you can transfer it/ convert it. And its posible to dub your voice in commercials and not even notice that while watching it, you can edit a picture on this weird MAC program and cut out shapes, insert things, edit the contrast/ brightness, enlarge it (wihtout ruining the picture's quality). Oh, and sharpie isn't the most effective thing to use- calligraphy pens are (thanks Lizzy- and I know it doesn't have to do with technology, but this is somehting I will NOT forget). Also, good marketing techniques are to put 5-10 flyers on top of eachothers on the walls in the hallways (it catches people's attention), don't put the same commercial up becasue it really bores people, going around saying that the cookies we just ate were amazing :), or hunting down your friends to buy a cookie really does work.  Plus, I learnt a lot about how STAC is percieved from others- some people love us, yet, others think we are the kind of people who are stuck- up and will poison their cookies- that is seriously absurd! But I guess what Mr. DeLalio said was true, as long as I am happy and am leanring/ increasing my knowledge, it does not matter what others think/ feel. STAC has really taught me more about life than I think I can anywhere else (except home).... how to survive in the city, the hidden talent everywhere (like shows that we see that not many people know about), different programs avialable to us that we can use to create what we want to, the symbolism/ depth in many movies, etc. Sometimes it feels weird though because besides the kids in STAC and my parents, nobody undestands what we do/ the art that we learn- and at the same time, I feel proud that I am apart of a group that is unique and uncomprehendible. Anyways, I have to go finish my math research paper, but I would really love to suggest a movie I have (in hindi)- called Taare Zameen Par. For anyone that is interested it is about a child in a situation like the kids in STAC face- its really emotional, and I am not sure how everyone will like it, but I surely loved it :].     

3 comments:

  1. I'm a senior, I've been in STAC for four years and I still can't describe to people what we do or what we are. It's really hard. Dealing with idiots can be hard, but I think it prepares you for life. Being in STAC and dealing with kids who think we're weird or obnoxious has helped me to become a more "i wont take shit from you" type person. I won't let somebody just walk all over me. I'm not a welcome mat that people can wipe their shoes on. Neither are you, or anybody in STAC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you- and I personally feel that is a good piece of advice for me because I have already seen a lot (not as much as you or any of the other oldies), and I would sometimes wonder about what is wrong with them/ why they are treating us with that manner, but as you said we don't really need to care...thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like i said in my last blog post, when i fought with my friend about STAC, i began to laugh because i thought about all i know and all she doesn't know, and it's actually amazing. I like that you thought of what Luke says, as long as I am happy and am leanring/ increasing my knowledge, it does not matter what others think/ feel, because i think of that all the time.

    ReplyDelete