Saturday, March 20, 2010
Kim Possible
Please don't laugh, but, oddly, I was thinking about how much, as a child and even now, I loved to watch Kim Possible. And I realized that the reason for its appeal, is its message...that kids can be anything they want to be- you will not be stopped for doing what your heart says, but instead you will be honored. From the start, society has sent out the message that in life, do what your heart desires, and nothing else. But, you know whats weird, as we get older that changes- but to an extent, in my house it isn't so (kinda). Some of my friends' parents tell them that they have to do _________ because it pays good or its benefits are good. And whenever I talk to family friends about my future they always recommend things that i may benefit from. Except, I don't agree, sometimes I feel yelling at them, that money is not everything. In life, I don't want to be greedy for money- I understand that in this day and age, money is an essential part of survival, but I don't agree with that being your priority. I want to be able to get up every morning, and go to work with a smile on my face. I can't stand this anymore- its frustrating and its DEFINITELY NOT RIGHT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I AGREE!
ReplyDeleteMy dad told me that I can't be a photographer because it's not a 'real job'. He said i WILL do something that will make money because that's what i need.
but it's not what i need. i want to plan my future so i'll be happy everyday and not having to wake up all mad because of what i have to do.
Photography can take me around the world and see new things while doing what i love. Not sitting in an office and seeing the same four walls everyday.
p.s. i still remember the Kim Possible theme song..
I agree with you- I mean, I understand that they have more experience, but what about us gaining it the hard way? I'm not going to go against their wishes, but twist the possibilities around a bit :P. LOL- I do, too- its kind of inspiring.
ReplyDelete